5.5 gen iPod not playing some video podcasts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
I have subscribed to many podcasts, some videos as well. Things have been going along just fine, but recently, I noticed that some of my video podcasts are not showing up on my iPod. One is a new subscription that only has videos starting in January 2008, one has many episodes going way back, but the ones starting 8/1/07 don't show up (the older ones do), and one only shows episodes on the iTunes store starting in January 2008. None of these are labeled as "iPhone" "Apple TV" or anything in the iTunes store, so feel they should play on my iPod. Has anyone else seen this? Anybody got any ideas what I can do to get these episodes onto my iPod? They play just fine on my computer.

Last evening, I took the time to "restore" my iPod thinking that might help. No dice. I then deleted the offending podcasts and re-subscribed and downloaded. Still no joy. Don't know where to go from here.

As a side note, I have recently noticed some video podcasts that do make it to my iPod will show the progress (elapse time), but the screen is black. And, one more little gem -- I have a movie that I ripped from my personal DVD and put on my iPod, but now that I have restored it, I am told it is not the right format (this is one of several that I put onto the iPod). I know it did previously go onto my iPod, because I have watched part of it. I even tried using the "convert for iPod" feature in iTunes to convert it again, but no dice.

Anybody know what is going on here?

Thanks in advance!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Nobody? I can hardly believe I am the only one experiencing this problem. Surely somebody else has seen this???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.