New to the Mac world

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the Mac world as I just purchased a 24" iMac with the 2.4GHz CPU. I just ordered the 4GB memory upgrade from OWC so I am excited to receive that delivery. My main goals with this computer is for my wife and I to browse the web and answer emails as well as for me to work on the photos I will take of our soon to be born child in June. I will demo Aperture and Lightroom soon as well as probably get Photoshop.

I am having a lot of fun with this computer so far. I have a lot to learn yet it seems simple in many ways, very intuitive. I used to be a UNIX/Linux admin for 10+ years before getting into the sales side so I am very familiar with what is under the covers of the Mac OS.

I look forward to learning a lot as I go.

Tom

OP
vonbonds
Reaction score
I forgot to say I might be the champion of Apple in my neighborhood as many have expressed interest in seeing it after I learn it a bit. Their computers are constantly littered with viruses as their kids seem to have a compulsion of clicking on every link they see :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Congrats. You'll find the mac constantly keeps surprising you...pleasantly, that is. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.