iPhoto Library Imported on a CD is not running

Reaction score
Dear All
I have a problem related to the iPhoto library.
I burn an iPhoto Library on a CD and after burning the CD when I am going to run that library directly on another system then it is asking for Create Library or Find Library options.
But if there is any existing library on that system then it is automatically get explored on in that library.

Why it is happening so.
One more thing If I burn a CD from iPhoto6 and trying to open it in iPhoto4 it is not getting explored but if I am burning CD on iPhoto4 and exploring it in iPhoto6 then it is exploring.

Is there any version comaptibility issue?????

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Kyaa yaar. Itni baat bhi samaj nahin sakta?

You obviously can't open a newer library with an older iPhoto.

As for opening it directly from the CD, you can't do that. When you want to run a library, iPhoto has to be able to write to that disk, which in case of the CD is read-only. You will have to copy it over to the HDD and run it.

OP
sbvishal
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for ur reply.
The first point you mentioned was known to me but I was searching the possiblities.

Other things make very much clear.
One thing you are looking to be a perfect Indian.

Regards

Kyaa yaar. Itni baat bhi samaj nahin sakta?

You obviously can't open a newer library with an older iPhoto.

As for opening it directly from the CD, you can't do that. When you want to run a library, iPhoto has to be able to write to that disk, which in case of the CD is read-only. You will have to copy it over to the HDD and run it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.