Techenical and warranty issues with iBook 14", pls help!

F

Fikr

Hi there. I've been using my iBook 14" 1ghz for three moths. Loved it until it started behave badly: keys falling off, the optical drive making strange noises, see no ethernet-port Internet connection, stops installing absolutely Mac-compatible printers halfway through, and what's pissing me off the most is that I cannot change my master password because the system does not seem to recognise the existing password at all. That said, I should also mention that I've been treating my iBook very-very-very carefully as I am Mac-obsessed. I've got manufacturer's limited warranty. I've had it shipped today to the Apple New Zealand for testing. My questions are if anyone experienced same issues in a relatively short use of the iBook, and if my iBook is going to be absolutely technically fabulous after being treated by the technicians or I should request to exchange it for a brandnew one. Thanks.

OP
F

flonejek

err, My iBook has been great even though it gets prett roughed up in my bag. I accidentally sucked of my return key with the vacumn, but after a bit of fiddling its went back on fine and hasn't bothered me since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
No problems with mine at all. I've been using it for about three months myself and taken it arround the world once on several trips.

OP
T

TylerMoney

I'd call apple maybe...it shouldn't be falling apart, that's for sure...then again, I treat my powerbook as if it were a newborn baby..for the most part.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.