FTP App included with Tiger?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is an FTP application that comes standard on Tiger?

If not is filezilla any good/recommeded?

Thanks in Advance.

Jimmy!

LWC

Reaction score
Filezilla works well and if you are a firefox user you could download the FireFTP extension which allows you to do everything from the browser.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
FTP is also built in to the Finder, but i prefer to use the terminal or filezilla

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Jimmy asked for built in app. There is none per se. The finder can mount an ftp server as a volume, but it is read only (you cannot upload). Why Apple crippled this otherwise awesome function, I have no idea.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Jimmy asked for built in app. There is none per se. The finder can mount an ftp server as a volume, but it is read only (you cannot upload). Why Apple crippled this otherwise awesome function, I have no idea.

Ah right, never used it myself (i use terminal mainly) but had read about finder doing ftp so assumed uploads were also possible............my bad

OP
J
Reaction score
giulio, can you explain what are those sarcastic messages in your signature. I'm Aussie and I don't quite get the humour.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.