problem with superdrive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2.6ghz 4gb ram
my macbook pro will not give me a cd back it spins every so often and is recognised on the desktop but when i press eject on the keyboard the symbol comes up on the screen but nothing happens!? ive even tried clicking on the eject cd text but nothing happens any ideas!? Thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2.6ghz 4gb ram
If i try to shut it down it wont shut down and just stays with my desktop background there until the battery ran out its now back on still wont let me eject the cd and when i got to itunes just has the multicoloured symbol spinning! but has the cd tracklisting displayed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Have you tried right clicking on the symbol on your desktop and selecting Eject?

If all else fails, have you tried starting Disk Utility and ejecting from there? I have a Zip drive where this later is needed more often than not to get the disk to eject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
If you haven't fixed it yet, you might try restarting your computer and holding down the mouse button. This should eject any disk in the superdrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.