iPhone Mail and Address Book ?'s

Reaction score
Is there a limit to how many contacts etc. I can have in my address book on my iphone? How does the syncing working with my address book to my iphone? Does it also sync their addresses?

Can I have mail on my iphone check for mail every 5 mins?

Also, is the new 16 gig iphone any bigger physically than the 8 gig?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
1. It syncs pretty much all the fields from the address book, though I'm not sure of a limit.

2. No, the frequency choices are 15min, 30min, hourly, manually.

3. Same size, just a higher capacity flash memory chip.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hmmmm... anyone know if a limit to the contact list? Does it sync addresses too?

Also, what if I have different mailboxes in my mac mail on my computer? Will it sync and check those also??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Yes, it syncs addresses, birthdays, email addresses, phone numbers, favorite color, etc. You name it.

You will have the option to sync any and all mail accounts handled by the mail app.

OP
A
Reaction score
Is it difficult to distinguish which address you're getting mail for on your iphone? What about sending email- can you choose which address you want to send it from from your iphone?

Can you have signatures for your mail sent from your iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Well, it's not difficult to distinguish since the email boxes are separate. There is an "account list" > "folder list" > "email list" > "email" hierarchy. To check one address, go into it. To send from a specific email, go into the corresponding account.

You can specify a signature in settings which will be attached to any email sent from the iPhone.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ha, sorry for all the questions. Last one- can you have multiple signatures? One for each account in mail on the iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Nope. One for all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.