disc drive problem

Reaction score
I'm a having a problem with my imac disc drive, whenever i would want to rip music from my CD, or just put a dvd in to watch, my imac would reject it and push the disc out. i've been having this problem for a while and i chose to be patient about it until now. it makes me want to throw my imac out the window:Shouting: . please help me here, I'm desperate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
What kind of iMac do you have? Have you had any success burning CDs or DVDs yet? If not, how are you trying to burn them?

It could be a bad drive. Are you successful putting in the original DVDs that came with your machine?

OP
123adrianman123
Reaction score
What kind of iMac do you have? Have you had any success burning CDs or DVDs yet? If not, how are you trying to burn them?

It could be a bad drive. Are you successful putting in the original DVDs that came with your machine?
i have the 17' imac with intel core 2 duo, yes i can burn cd's and dvd's, and its more of a problem with music cd's and yes even some that arn't burned

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I am no expert in the solution but I have found some CDs or DVDs of the "lesser" quality names are more problematic and those of name brand are almost always perfect. Flea market DVDs for example can be a gamble because of the media used - they play in one player and not another.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.