iTunes Album Artwork

Reaction score
Im just getting album artwork but the iTunes store can not find all of them. Where and how do i get artwork on these missing albums?

For some reason, in cover flow view, there are multiple cover images (same picture) for the same album so i have to scroll through two images for the same album. How do I solve this problem?

What do you do about album cover art for singles? the problem is i have lots of single with no art so when I use cover flow there are lots of gaps.

If I copy just my MP3 files to a different computer and library will the covers be on that other library or will I have to set them all again?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Im just getting album artwork but the iTunes store can not find all of them. Where and how do i get artwork on these missing albums?

1: Open your browser of choice, search on Amazon for the Album or single, once found click for the larger image of the album cover...
2: Use shift or control and your mouse to select all the tracks of your album, press Command (apple) + I you'll get a warning message about changing lots of songs at once - just ok/ignor that. You will see a window allowing you to enter a lot of info for these tracks - there is an album art area.
3: go back to your browser and just drag the image from the browser to the album art area in the information window and click OK - might take a while to update all the tracks with the album art.

For some reason, in cover flow view, there are multiple cover images (same picture) for the same album so i have to scroll through two images for the same album. How do I solve this problem?

Under the cover-flow view - make sure you're sorting by album - if you sort by album artist or track name then it appears to have multiples - sorting by album alone should limit the cover-flow to one image per album (as long as iTunes knows that these songs make up 1 album (only an issue if you've downloaded music from other sources - can be fixed - ask for more info if needed)).

What do you do about album cover art for singles? the problem is i have lots of single with no art so when I use cover flow there are lots of gaps.

Finding covers for singles is the same as for albums - if iTunes can't find that info for you then Amazon or maybe Google will be great friends for you :)

If I copy just my MP3 files to a different computer and library will the covers be on that other library or will I have to set them all again?

Thanks

If you copy the entire iTunes library to another computer then all the information should be correct - I've taken my library from my MacBook to an XP machine and a Vista machine - everything remained as it was on the MacBook.

OP
I
Reaction score
1:
(as long as iTunes knows that these songs make up 1 album (only an issue if you've downloaded music from other sources - can be fixed - ask for more info if needed)).

This may be the problem and I do have them grouped by albums but I get multiple album covers for different tracks in an album. could I trouble you for this extra info

OP
I
Reaction score
1:
If you copy the entire iTunes library to another computer then all the information should be correct - I've taken my library from my MacBook to an XP machine and a Vista machine - everything remained as it was on the MacBook.

I tried importing it before but when i do it always says it cant find the source of the files. I know this is because all the files are in a different directory but it seems like a big hassle having to change them all that I just start form scratch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Problem

Again you need to select all the songs from a particular album, Command + I (I'm assuming you're using a mac - if not then Control+ I does the trick in Windows I believe).

In my above post I concentrated on the Art Work - basically you just go through the rest of those options in that information window.

Usually just typing the albums name in the Album field is all it takes

The problem with downloaded music is that the album artist or album name might be slightly different - just a space at the end can be enough to through iTunes off. The problems are nearly always caused by Album or Album Artist - for example Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers is a different album to that by The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Anything you want to replicate across all tracks in the Album - remove what's there - type it again and make sure the tick box is selected as that will propagate the info to all tracks in this album.

I'm no pro here but I know what I've done to tidy up my music so that an album appears to be a single album.

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried importing it before but when i do it always says it cant find the source of the files. I know this is because all the files are in a different directory but it seems like a big hassle having to change them all that I just start form scratch

Are you importing the files to the location that iTunes looks for them as standard or are you storing them in your location of choice?

If I were to move my library from one machine to another (not done it for a while as only got the Mac now) I'd copy the entire iTunes Library from one computer to an external drive and then from that drive to the new computer - then open iTunes - it should find your playlists etc from the computer you've just copied from - don't just take the music - if you take the music only you'll have to drop it on the iTunes icon so that it can all be imported again - this will lose play counts etc.

If you're on Windows then there are free apps out there that will let you take everything (music, album art, play counts etc) from an iPod to your PC - useful for recovering data from a hard drive replacement for example. Not sure of the names for these apps but a Google search should prove fruitful. (Not sure if similar apps exist for Macs)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
:D RND Dave, thank you for posting this!! I've been busy all night and day just updating my album covers!!! I even used some other photos for songs that don't have a cover! Thank-you so much!!
My library is so much cooler now!

No gaps in the "G" section!!

Picture 2.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.