Shipping of refurbs from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" i5 iMac 2011, 12 GB RAM
Hello All,

I ordered a refurbished iMac 20" from the Apple store online on 2/1/08 and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It shipped from Sacramento, CA and headed to Reno, Nevada where it shows as being in transit currently. Should I worry that I'm in MA across the country and my FedEx Ground shipment shows as being in Nevada the day before it's supposed to be delivered? The last update was 2/2/08 so it may not be updating. Has anyone else experienced FedEx tracking like this? I'm so excited about getting a Mac so this is making me nervous. :) Thanks in advance.

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
What you are seeing is the last point at which it was scanned. If FedEx has a Reno-to-Boston direct truck run, then it will not be scanned again until the truck is unloaded in Boston and then again when it goes "out for delivery."

I would be surprised, however, if it did not make a pit stop in Memphis, as that is their primary distribution center.

Another thing to consider is that the shipping transit clock doesn't actually start until the FedEx guy picks it up. If you pay for 2-day shipping and they don't ship it for 2 days, you get it in 4 days. So, never pay for express shipping, you'll just be disappointed ;-)

Good luck!
Perry

Reaction score
FEDex doesn't have a very good system when it comes to updates. They scan at pick up and then they may not scan it again until it is delivered. They assured me that the package was on time and would be delivered when stated. It did show up on time. UPS does a much better job with tracking.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was finally updated.

Well it got to Willington, CT this afternoon so it may just make it here tomorrow. FedEx is not very good at updates. I just can't wait to get this Mac.

Reaction score
The Refurbs. from Apple.com are shipped via Fedex Ground, not Fedex. Two completely different companies under the Federal Express umbrella. Fedex Ground routes are independently owner operated. Realtime tracking info is sketchy at best, which doesn't mean that your Imac won't be delivered tomorrow, as it likely will. Someone will need to be home to sign for the package or a call tag will be left stuck to your door.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FedEx vs. FedEx Ground

I wasn't aware that there was a difference between the two. At least there's a reason why it wasn't scanned very often. As long as it gets here tomorrow in one piece I don't care if Juan Valdez brings it on his donkey along with some fresh Colombian coffee. :)

Scott

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On truck! Woo hoo!

Well.. it's on the truck for delivery. I guess they'll come through with it after all. I even know the facility it's shipping from near Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee, MA. I picked up a package there once. Now it's time to get the desk for it finished. :)

Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.