Battery Replacement in the UK

Reaction score
My MacBook battery has at last given up the ghost. I'm now only getting about an hour and a half to two hours from a full charge, with bluetooth, wireless etc all switched off.

Much as it pains me to fork out he kind of cash that Apple are looking for, I'm going to have to give in and buy a replacement battery (my MacBook is 14 months old)

Can anyone suggest anywhere in the UK that I can get an authentic Apple battery for less than the £99 that Apple want for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
It maybe the one item that only apple sell.

Reaction score
IIRC, there were some duff batteries in early macbooks.

It might be an idea to see if Apple will replace yours - I assume you did not take out the extended 2 year Applecare warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Yes I think it should have given you longer life really, I expect longer from mine. I would take into the Apple store and see what they say, if u have Applecare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Actually, he'll need this one for a MacBook.

OP
F
Reaction score
thanks guys. unfortunately I didn't take out the extended warranty, so I'm not sure how I'd get on with taking it in to the Apple Store. going to give it a bash though, as I'm shocked at how quickly it has died on me.

failing that I may order one from the likes of fastmac.com, but how can I be certain that they're not going to die just as fast (if not faster) than the official Apple battery?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.