Lid problem

M

memdump

Hi all, just curious if this is something I'm able to fix myself.

I had my powerbook g4 on my lap open and it fell over and landed in an upside down v position. Since then the lid hasn't been able to close properly, actually it wont stay shut which is rather annoying. Everything else is fine, there are no problems with the screen or anything internal.

When I close the lid and look at it carefully I can see it's not alligned with the bottom part of the laptop anymore, one side is off a bit.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it, or can direct me to any sites that will explain how to readjust the lid. I don't want to start unscrewing the case without knowing what I will find inside or if i unscrewed the right part to fix this particular problem.

Thanks in advance...

OP
M

m1k

Take it in to your local Apple dealer, you've got a misaligined case. There's nothing you yourself can do but take it into a Mac store and hope AppleCare (or your warranty, if you still have it) takes care of it.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.