Best virtual drum kit for Logic/Leopard/Intel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - 1.83 Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 200GB 7200RPM HDD
Hi,

I'm currently recording my band using Logic 8. It's not designed to be anything amazing, just enough so that we can drop a CD at various bars and clubs in order to get some gigs.

I'm using Logic Studio 8 and we've decided for simplicity (and the fact we don't have the means or time to mic the drum kit) to use the drummer's electric kit as a MIDI controller for a drum kit in Logic.

We're a rock/indie band with a slight metal edge at times and currently we have best results with using the Indie Live Ultrabeat kit. However we'd like to find something with better sound samples etc.

Can anyone recommend something? All price levels considered but cheaper is better of course! It doesn't have to be amazing, just pretty good (i.e. better than the build in kits in Logic).

I hear good things about the Drum Kit From ****?

FYI I'm running Logic Studio 8 under Leopard 10.5.1 on a MacBook.

Many thanks in advance.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hahaha...

Apparently H E L L is a word that needs censoring. That's just daft.

Anyway I was talking about the ezDrummer DFH.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
i use iDrum and its great. super easy to use and sequence your own wav files. only draw back is that it can only do 4/4 time. but you can trick it to do 3/4 - 6/8 tho. runs around $60

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.