Apple is a Disease

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz/160GB HDD Unibody
I like the way that apple products just "work" with everything. I too just got into mac's. My story is similar to your. Owned an ipod for years and got a macbook last year now I upgraded to the aluminum unibody and got an imac and a mac monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
A couple of years ago, I was going to buy an mp3 player for my wife, and ended up purchasing a 2nd gen. iPod nano. That's how it started.

Six months later, I bought a 32 GB iPod Touch even though I already had a Creative Zen Vision:M. One year after that, I bought a MB CE 2.4 GHz. In the meanwhile, I have of course replaced the el-cheapo earburds with an AKG headset. I have also bought a Harman Kardon PC speaker set like the one in this thread's initial post.

If I had replaced my Creative MP3 player with an iPod Classic instead of the Touch, I would most likely be the owner of an iPhone as well by now - even though my 4-year-old N70 (Nokia) still works better than great.

Reaction score
Bought a third-hand eMac 700MHz (PPC) w/1Gb RAM and 40Gb harddisk a week and a half ago ($60) .. just bought a second-hand iMac 2.16GHz/1Gb/250Gb HDD 20" model today (have to pick it up later this evening!). Yay. I'm a rookie, I know.. been 'on' PC's for 20 years but hooked on Mac OSX since a week and a half ago :)

Actually I could manage for now (except I miss my games) with the 700MHz PPC.. but it's not even fast enough to play Youtube clips or movie trailers. Call me picky but my 'hobby' machine needs to do at least *that* :)

No way I'm giving up my Creative X-Fi mp3-player though! When it dies of old age, I might consider an iPod Touch.. but not before that day.

Reaction score
15" MBP (mine), 20" iMac (wife), 13" MBP (son), 13" MB (2nd son), iPhone, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, Airport Extreme, 2 500 GB portable drives, 1 500 GB desktop drive, 1 1.5 TB Desktop drive, 4 bluetooth mice, inkjet printer, laser printer, 2 LCD displays, 2 laptop bags, Pinnacle TV Tuner, EyeTV software, iWork 06, 08, 09, Aperture, 2 copies of VMWare, too much other mac applications and iPhone apps to mention.

and...... I still want - AppleTV, Airport Express, gigabit switch, Elgato Turbo HD, bluetooth keyboard, Mac mini, etc, etc, etc.

Reaction score
started way back on the HS apple IIe, then bought my own Apple IIc (84) then a 1st gen MAC with an external HDD yeah the toaster mac. then for some reason switched to PCs for 20 years, thank you Vista for making me see the light. and whoever stole my 17-inch HP laptop from work. Now I have a 13 inch macbook and im lusting after a 24 inch iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Unibody 15.4 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 250 GB HD
I got an iPhone and loved it so much I went and bought a MacBook Pro. I've had ipods a plenty before that but the iPhone was the real turning point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
i totally agree! u just kant stop. Apple is just soo good lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
Yeah, I started with an iPod and then went to another, then came the computers.

1. 4gb iPod Nano
2. 30gb video iPod
3. Macbook Pro (Penryn) 2.4ghz 4gb, 250HD
4. Imac 24 in. 4gb, 2.53ghz, 500HD
Just added two weeks ago.. The new MBP 13 in. 4gb, 2.26ghz, 320HD and got the free iPod 120gb. :)

I am sure I will add later. I really want the old 30in. display for my photography. Oh boy will it be awesome!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
My addiction, in no uncertain order (since I cannot remember when I had for the older stuff):

Beige G3, freebie, networked it to my pc to play head to head starcraft
B&W G3
Powerbook G3 Wallstreet

Recently:
2x G3 iMac's
replaced with eMac G4 1GHz
traded for Powerbook G4 Titanium 1GHz
replaced with Powerbook G3 Pismo (the TiBook broke, and I needed something to get me by for a short while)
replace with eMac G4 1.25GHz (current)
iPod 3rd gen version 2, 20gb. plan to replace the hdd with a compact flash unit

For my Mac, I have mostly non-Apple accessories.
Logitech Elite keyboard
Logitech mouse
Logitech QuickCam webcam
iC Power 19" LCD monitor (dualscreen is the bomb)
HP PhotoSmart 435 digital camera (was a replacement for the PhotoSmart M307 that my boss at the time dropped on me, and is being replaced right now with a PhotoSmart M517, go eBay!)
1.5TB Seagate hdd in an external enclosure.

I have a USB2.0 hub slash media card reader, and it used to work great, but like all Chinese made things, it just broke the other day. To replace both the broken hub and clear up desk space, I ordered a Koutech 3.5inch hdd case slash USB2.0 hub slash media card reader. For those interested in one, search Amazon.com for Koutech, you will see it, it comes in two color patterns, the silver and white one definately complements new macs.

I also have a pair of Radius Atomic Bass earbuds coming for my iPod.
For audio, I use a Regent surround sound setup.

In the near future, I will be ordering a brand new 24" iMac, a Dell 2408WFP 24" LCD, and will be selling my eMac. I have a friend at a local college, so I will use him to cheat and get a free iPod touch on the student discount (I love saving money).

I have absolutely zero doubts that there will be more Apple products in my future after that. I'll be in the market for a laptop again too, so......guess where I'm heading :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation
and your saing this like it is a problem. lol I own all mac computer stuff hahaha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.