Apple is a Disease

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I believe the Mac is more addictive than the iPod since the iPod isn't exactly of superior quality nor last for a long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For me, it's not so much an addiction as it was my hatred of Windows Vista.

I like Apple but I'm not a fanboy of it or anything....they make good stuff, it works, and that's all I really care about. Microsoft makes Windows XP and it works most of the time pretty well; Vista, on the other hand, sucks.

I couldn't agree more. I too am NOT a mindless fanboy. I like (and evangalize) Apple products because they meet the need, are better built than anything else out there, and have a certain style that you just can't get anywhere else. In short, they are superior.

Now that sure sounds like "fanboy'ism" but it isn't. For example, you will not find me gushing adoringly over the MacBook Air. I think it is overpriced or underequipped for the price being asked. I don't think Apple has hit the mark with that product. Time will tell. I am also no fan of Apple's Cinema displays. They are "long in the tooth" and in need of a refresh.

So, I take a balanced view. The products I like, I like a LOT. I promote them to others because I believe in them. The ones I don't like... well, I don't like them. Apple doesn't have to hit a home run every time. I am just pleased that they have hit so many home runs, and continue to do so with such pleasing frequency.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Now that sure sounds like "fanboy'ism" but it isn't. For example, you will not find me gushing adoringly over the MacBook Air. I think it is overpriced or underequipped for the price being asked. I don't think Apple has hit the mark with that product. Time will tell. I am also no fan of Apple's Cinema displays. They are "long in the tooth" and in need of a refresh.

I agree with you on the MacBook Air. I do like the design and think it is a beautiful looking computer. However it seems over priced for what it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
So true...just look at my avatar and signature...my mailbox is a mac G4 and my cat bed an imac G3...LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB

Thx Mac57. I totally agree that the Air is more/less a luxury product right now than a realistic purchase for your avg user. Then again...what do I know. They may sell a buttload of MB Airs simply b/c of its size. I can say that if I were having to travel a lot, the size would certainly be nice. Then again, my MB is pretty small as it is and I can't imagine needing anything smaller....

The Cinema displays are definitely (as you say) "long in the tooth" and do need a refresh. I'm surprised they haven't put iSights in them yet...that would've been a nice start for the new models. Why are the cinemas so expensive anyway? I've seen the ones that (gasp) Dell offers and they're same size/resolution but a lot cheaper....is there some underlying benefit to them that goes deeper than a label? ::scraching head:: :Confused:

Reaction score
i am not a fanboy, but believe totally in Apple products over just about anything out there. They have the best OS (well, besides my bond with Linux), they have the best design of just about everything digital, and all of their stuff has worked for me. i also have a *hatred* toward Vista, and XP annoys the crap out of me sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Yup - about a year ago I finally dived in and purchased the MacBook I'd wanted for so long (waiting for leopard).

I followed that up with my first iPod (30GB 5.5G jobby).

Quite a lot more iTunes than I thought I'd ever buy.
iWork 08
Leopard
iLife 08

80GB iPod Classic (perhaps not such a good buy as I really didn't need to replace my other iPod but...)

and today - a 16GB iPhone.

I'm loving the Apple bug - perhaps my bank manager is not loving it though :)

The iPods are cool and I'm hoping I love my iPhone - but to be honest the MacBook was the best buy - followed by the Apple Software - worth every penny!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Mac : (
its like Apple heaven, i aint even got a Mac yet and i have that disease : / I dont know how i worked that out but i do, Im saving up for, ipod touch and gadgets, macbook and gadgets, imac and gadgets and other stuff(not ALL apple but nvm), oh and im getting a wireless Mac keyboard and mouse for my PC xD! Im only 14 aswell!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The Cinema displays are definitely (as you say) "long in the tooth" and do need a refresh. I'm surprised they haven't put iSights in them yet...that would've been a nice start for the new models.

I have to admit that this is a mystery to me too. I can't understand why they haven't been updated to the same technology now used in the iMac displays, which is excellent. Add an iSight to that and they would sell a lot of them. I am guessing that like the external iSight, at one point Apple is just going to quietly discontinue them.

Perhaps they have decided that large, high resolution monitors are becoming too much of a commodity item to make any decent margins at. To keep the company highly profitable they are focusing on high margin items like Macs, iPhones and the like. My guess anyway. It would be a smart business strategy, but it does mean that folks buying a Mac Pro or a Mini can not get a "current technology" Apple monitor to go with it, which is a shame.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
iSight is only part of the consumer line. I don't see one in any of the MacBook Pros. So I don;t think Apple will include then with the cinema displays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
NONSENSE! STUFF AND NONSENSE! DISEASE? DISEASE? What disease?

Just wish I could just stop this darned scratching when I go onlne!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB
iSight is only part of the consumer line. I don't see one in any of the MacBook Pros. So I don;t think Apple will include then with the cinema displays.

Sorry bud-but you must be mistaken-my MBP has an iSight built in above the display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Dude, I know what you mean. I won't be ordering mine for another two weeks and I can't stop researching and learning about the Mac and OS-X. It' takes up most of my spare time now! And I can't stop! I wake up thinking about it! LITERALLY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Oh yes Apple is a disease......about a year ago I bought this unassuming iPod on clearance from a store.....30Gb Photo....works well for music in the car.....then now a couple of weeks ago I go pick up this pre-enjoyed iMac G3....which has already seen a HD upgrade and next week will be seeing a RAM upgrade......hopefully a functional external DVD-RW drive added to it (firewire of course), if I can find this......an original Airport card and adapter to go inside the thing and well.......one of them new spiffy lil aluminum wired keyboards.....the iMac one that came with the unit doesn't turn my crank lol in any event......I like my newest member of the computer farm and will save up for a nice new iMac in the future........

Reaction score
I guess at times, (because I've been kissing Apple's butt ever since I bought this iMac 2 years ago), I do feel like I've left something behind.

Lol, but the thing is: soon as I go to school, when it's time for ICT lessons, I'm on the computer and I seriously can't think of anything else but: "Why the h£ll am I using this piece-of-crap OS?" It just doesn't bring you that 'energy' that an iMac brings. Because no matter how bored you get of OS X, there'll always be that feeling of 'digital happiness' when you tap that ON button. ;D

Ever since ''the switch'', I can honestly say: Apple has brought me 95% joy, 5% problems. No company is perfect anyway. And that sure-as-h£ll beats what I'd say about Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Lol, but the thing is: soon as I go to school, when it's time for ICT lessons, I'm on the computer and I seriously can't think of anything else but: "Why the h£ll am I using this piece-of-crap OS?" It just doesn't bring you that 'energy' that an iMac brings. Because no matter how bored you get of OS X, there'll always be that feeling of 'digital happiness' when you tap that ON button. ;D

Ditto that, coupled with the fact that the computers in my school RUNS HORRIBLY SLOW. It's pathetic. I spent 5-10min on startup time alone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.