Need to find out information about my iMac

C

CU_AMiGA

Hello,

I ama bit confused about the specs of my iMac. When i got it, i got told it was a Graphite iMac, but then realised it was a iMac DV 400 (Tangerine). I found out the specs were:

PowerPC G3 400mhz
768meg RAM

But then i looked on everymac.com and realised that they cannot accept RAM above 512meg RAM. Is there anyway i can definately find out the full specs of my system (especially the Graphics card and VRAM).

Regards,

OP
B

Badger

If you use Apple System Profiler (usually in the Apple menu, also in the extras or utilities folder) it will give you a full profile of your iMac. One note; for the graphics card - there is no card. The graphics stuff is built in. System Profiler will give you some I.D. info but little else. Once you have the correct system info you can check against the description of the model to get a better description of the graphics.
Badger

OP
C

CU_AMiGA

Thanks. I will check and see what i get. Can a iMac DV 400 take over 512meg? I am a little confused.

OP
B

Badger

According to the specs I can find at Low End Mac the original 400DV and DV SE (oct 99) max out at 512 mb of RAM. The next 400DV (summer 2000) maxes at 1 gb HD. Maybe the ASP info will help clarify things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
CU_AMiGA said:
Hello,

I ama bit confused about the specs of my iMac. When i got it, i got told it was a Graphite iMac, but then realised it was a iMac DV 400 (Tangerine).

Just a little hint:
The main difference between the Graphite and Tangerine iMac is that Graphite is dark grey and Tangerine is orange... :D

just my 2cents...

OP
C

CU_AMiGA

Avalon said:
Just a little hint:
The main difference between the Graphite and Tangerine iMac is that Graphite is dark grey and Tangerine is orange... :D

just my 2cents...

lol :) I was thinking maybe the iMAC mobo got switched or something. I will check my serial number on the website.

Regards,

OP
B

Badger

Just to confuse the issue: Mactracker lists this series of iMacs as able to use double the RAM Apple claims. So 768 mgs on your machine is not a technical problem. I know my rev D tray-loader purrs along with 512 mgs when Apple says that 256 is the max.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.