New Mac user, questions about RAM upgrade and keyboard...

Reaction score
Hello

I just got a Mac mini today. It is the 1.83 Ghz one with 2x512 RAM in it. I want to upgrade the memory to 2x1GB.

I saw this RAM on NCIX website.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=28241&vpn=A2N667-2G&manufacture=Buffalo

Is this the proper RAM I need? How hard is it to change the RAM?

Also I want to get a keyboard that works with both PC and Mac, with keys labeled for both so all functions work properly. Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm so new at Mac I was running programs from the disc image files before I figured out how to copy the application lol

Thanks,
Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Yes, that is the correct RAM.
From what I've read, opening the Mac mini is a treat. It's easiest with a putty knife or spatula or something flat and thin like that.
Almost all USB keyboard will work find for Mac and PC. I have a wireless keyboard for XP/Vista and the only button that doesn't work is the Windows shortcut button.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. Is that a good price for RAM for Mac?

By the way I hope it's OK to talk about RAM in this forum, and not in the other peripherals forum because I hardly think RAM is a peripheral :)

Reaction score
Visit www.macsales.com, they have all your needs for memory and video tutorials on how to do it. As far as a keybaord, I saw one at Best Buy that was a Logitech, and it had both the windows button and the apple sign on it, so try logitech.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.