system preferences trouble

Reaction score
im having trouble with SP, when i want to change my desktop picture it freezes on me. i either have to force quit it, or it'll just close. this started when i updated leopard to 10.5.1. any help?
sorry if i sound noobish

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Welcome to Mac forums!

Are you doing this via the 'desktop and screensaver' menu in the System Preferences?

Is the image you're selecting a standard file type and is it based on your local drive? Does it do it with all pics, or just a particular one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Have you tried Repairing permissions w/Disk Utility? (Applications/Utilities)
Also, use the Verify disk option to check for any problems.

OP
123adrianman123
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac forums!

Are you doing this via the 'desktop and screensaver' menu in the System Preferences?

Is the image you're selecting a standard file type and is it based on your local drive? Does it do it with all pics, or just a particular one?
well, right when i try to click anything that is on the window, it just freezes on me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
As the person above you just said, it's worth repairing the disk permissions, as this sounds like it could be a corruption of some sort. Before you do anything at all, back up your data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.