college

Reaction score
im thinking of getting a macbook for college and was wondering if a macbook can handle being tossed around in a backpack? like is it rough enough for a college student?

Reaction score
um, well, just be careful :). the macbook i would think would handle rough situations as far as cosmetic more than a Macbook Pro due to the plastic, but i wouldn't count on it holding up very well if you tossed it up in the air, landing it 7 feet away, if you get what i'm saying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Yeah but to keep it from getting scratched get an INcase, i got one it's great!

Reaction score
I've got a PowerBook that I carry to class in a backpack every day. It has held up just fine, and I don't see why the MacBook would be any different.

Reaction score
just curious why, even if it was 'rough enough', you wouldn't treat something that cost $1000 with a little extra care...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've been tossing my Macbook into my bag for over a year now and it works great. Just be sure to get some sort of sleeve so that it doesn't rattle around inside your bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
Yep it sure will. I carry my Macbook to class about every other day and it still works great. I have a Case Logic sleeve that mine fits in perfectly that I use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB
Get a snap on Spec Case, and it should be fine

Also, a good Backpack, like the swiss army ones on apple's site, work great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.