List of Mac OS X compatible HP & Epson Printers

Reaction score
I will be buying a Mac soon with OS X (Leopard) on it. We have two Windows XP PC's in our house that have desket (inkjet) printers attached to them. One is an Epson Stylus 600 that says Windows/Macintosh compatible, according to the owners manual in 1997. The next one is an HP 960cse from the year 2001 that is PC only. The Epson uses a popular S020093 and S020089 ink cartridges and the HP uses the popular HP 45 and 78 ink cartridges. I have a plethora of extra ink cartridges on hand for both printers that I was able to acquire extremely cheaply and was wondering how I can go about finding an Epson or HP printer that will take these number cartridges and work with OS X (Leopard)? Thanks.

OP
S
Reaction score
I just thought of something. When I was looking at the specifications on the Mac Mini and Imac, I don't see where they have parallel ports. My Epson only has a parallel port--no USB:) Am I out of luck on the Epson?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.