How do I install Tiger on G4 with no Keyboard?

Reaction score
Hi all (and sundry!). I have just installed Tiger on an old G4 400Mhz Powermac, but once the intro video etc has done, I get "there is no keyboard connected to your computer" - I have NO keyboard at the moment and I am going to install a virtual, software keyboard until I get time to order one.

Question is this; can I bypass this message and complete the Tiger setup without one?. This G4 is needed urgently.

Can I share my Macbook's KB over bluetooth without any hacking and fiddling? - wifi?... I am so fed up! :(

Thankyou all.

PS: PLEASE say yes :p

SOMEONE HELP ME? :(...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You will be able to use a Virtual Keyboard with Bluetooth installed, with this model it will be via a D Link USB Dongle.

As for installing Tiger with no keyboard (or mouse?)? Don't think so unless you connect your Macbook via Firewire and see if that will help.

Any USB keyboard will fill the bill, not necessarily a Mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
You will be able to use a Virtual Keyboard with Bluetooth installed, with this model it will be via a D Link USB Dongle.

As for installing Tiger with no keyboard (or mouse?)? Don't think so unless you connect your Macbook via Firewire and see if that will help.

Any USB keyboard will fill the bill, not necessarily a Mac.

Okay, I have these:

1/ Supported bluetooth dongle (used it before on OS X)
2/ A USB mouse
3/ No KB!

So what do I do?. How will connecting via Firewire help?.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.