Problems With Messenger For Mac!

Reaction score
heya.
im a newbie to mac too! (though ive been using for quite some time already ><) anyways, i have been using microsoft messenger : mac for awhile now, just recently i get the error "signing in has failed cos the service is not responding, the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet" connection to the internet is not the problem as i can view youtube etc when this error pops up. will someone more experienced help me please? thanks a dozen

Reaction score
i have lots of issues with mac messenger, friends couldn't talk to me or see me i couldn't talk with anyone even though i was signed in.

best bet is to go and use aduim (i think thats it) best thing ever created if you ask me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 500GB HDD 2GB RAM and a whole lotta love
Hey just switched to mac recently and my msn started playing up tonight as well. Getting the same error as you ice.

Maybe microsoft is just punishing us????

OP
I
Reaction score
yea im kinda using adium already also! but im not too used to the interface yet. since we're on the topic, haha ive got a few qns for adium! can i use webcam? how do i change my font colour?(i changed the font colour from the "font colour" option already, but there isnt any like 'confirm' button, so whenever i start another convo, the font colour goes back to black. ) also, does adium have a PERSONAL MESSAGE function like that of microsoft messenger?

Reaction score
i've only been using it for about 3 days myself really so i cant really help you atm but its very customizable if you go to xtras manager and go get more you go to there website and some fun stuff on there. when i'm done messing about with the funny doc icons i'll probably worry about my font colour and that :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Same problem here. I was unable to get connected to MSN Messenger for some time. I have had to revert to an older .Net passport to get in at all. Which raises an interesting question. I haven't used that older .Net credential set in two years, and yet it is still valid. How do you DELETE a .Net credential set? I am not sure that there is a way! Does anyone know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Yea I had that problem just now but its okay now. It should be alright in awhile.

OP
I
Reaction score
hurrah. my messengerformac is working now. i guess time really does heal everything. heh, thanks for the responses though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.