switched...PC now feels like

A

adiliegro

crap! Im serious. I got my iMac two days ago and today I needed to get some files from my PC. I got on it and the damned thing felt like crap to work on. It took forever to find what I wanted on the PC because there were like 3 programs running and it was just SLOW. I felt like I stepped back in time. LOL.

I just love this Mac. Im now in the process of selling my PC and laptop so I can get my wife a new iMac and also get a powerbook to take along to my weddings (Im a wedding photographer) to download my images from the cameras. Within 2 months I will be totally PC free, never again to return to crashes and blue screens of death.

Thank you Mr. Jobs! :cool:

OP
V

VastDeathmaster

Hey, if the PC had a good monitor why not keep it. You get screenspanning doctor and just used the screen for extra workspace. That's what I did. I got an eMac and kept the old PC monitor (19" Samsung).

OP
M

m1k

Because the iMac's screen is huge and LCD, whereas his PC monitor is large, clunky and CRT. Plus, if you use a beige monitor with Apple's white-perfection products, the balance of the universe would be disrupted and we would all implode.

OP
V

VastDeathmaster

m1k said:
Because the iMac's screen is huge and LCD, whereas his PC monitor is large, clunky and CRT. Plus, if you use a beige monitor with Apple's white-perfection products, the balance of the universe would be disrupted and we would all implode.

Well, as Sting said "I don't subscribe to your point of view..." :)

There are two iMacs 17" and 20". It does not say which he has. In fact it doesn't even say which PC he had. Many PCs have broken away from the basic beige color.
Though the iMac flatpanels are nice, they still do not beat the image quality and range or resolutions you can get with a CRT. Apples's new iFrame...er...iMac does take up less space but if you want that option of more screen realestate, the options are to buy another flatpanel (expensive) or keep the current monitor from the PC (no expense).

Oh, one other thing, I am kind of suprised Apple hasn't made flatpanels to match their Brushed Metal G5s.

OP
A

adiliegro

I got the 17" one and my PC monitor is grey. Wouldnt bother me to keep it though, as I DO need extra screen space, especially when editing my weddings. I DO love this flat screen LCD though...the whole Mac exerience has been awesome so far!

OP
F

fabio

VastDeathmaster said:
Oh, one other thing, I am kind of suprised Apple hasn't made flatpanels to match their Brushed Metal G5s.

hm, i dont really know, if i understand your question right, but if so, this is incorrect.

apple has flatpanels, that match with the brushed metal like the G5s.

but i think flatpanel is not LCD, is it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.