Am i screwed? WinXP Cd stuck in dvd drive

Reaction score
Need some help getting rid of WinXP

Macbook with intel core duo, 2.1g i think.
120g hard drive, partitioned 32 g for windows,

Macbook was only starting in XP with SP1, and i couldn't uninstall XP, In XP, also cant upgrade it to SP2.
So i can't switch back thru bootcamp because it wont install the boot camp files. GHEY.

Now a certain file is not installing during setup, and wont start in WinXP or OSX

I would put OSX install disk in, but the ****ed windows disk wont come out.
Eject button not functioning.

Or is there a way to get to a Bios Prompt while the Comp is booting up, besides the C button to boot from CD?
Or do macs have a bios?

OP
A
Reaction score
That link doen't explain how to get to the UNIX terminal. is it pressing a key while booting up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try reboot whilst holding down the mouse key for starters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Try reboot whilst holding down the mouse key for starters.

just in case that doesn't work, the terminal app is in Utilities (inside the apps folder)

OP
A
Reaction score
No Operating system will start up because windows install screwed up, so i Can't get to the Apps folder.
And Windows install disk Is Stuck because there is no function to eject it in windows setup because it doesn't recognize the apple eject button.

i have read different things to do while booting, hold mouse button, hold option, hold shift button, which will work for regular macbook, and what do they do?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hold down the Mouse button at the startup sound and keep it down. The CD should eject.

Reaction score
most drives have a very small hole just for this reason kind ofvlike a reset hole about the diameter of a paper clip, not sure if yours has one.

Reaction score
Actually the way I see it - you are only in trouble IF XP installs! :D ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
when bootting press "alt" to get the boot selector up and then when u see your mac hdd and the windows disk press eject.

thats happened loads with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac9,1 2.66 GHz Intel Core 8GB RAM; 320GB harddrive; OS X 10.9.4
No Operating system will start up because windows install screwed up, so i Can't get to the Apps folder.
And Windows install disk Is Stuck because there is no function to eject it in windows setup because it doesn't recognize the apple eject button.

i have read different things to do while booting, hold mouse button, hold option, hold shift button, which will work for regular macbook, and what do they do?

I had a very similar situation when I was trying to set up a dual-boot Leopard-Ubuntu system.
I tried rebooting with alt held down, C key pressed and several other things.
Eventually the CD ejected, and the only explanation I can think of is the machine got tired before I stopped repeated tries !

I then put in the Leopard dvd in, held down alt, and did a clean re-install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.