Will Apple redesign the iPhone as often as they redesign the iPod?

Reaction score
There's been several generations of ipod, and the design has changed drastically... well, i guess it all depends on your view of it. regardless, it's changed over the years. will apple do the same thing with the iphone or will they keep it the same design and just change things like more GB, different interfaces, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ummmm.... maybe?

None of us work for Apple in that respect... and if any of us did, we wouldn't be able to answer anyway. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
If you're asking for knowledge then as DB said - none of us could actually know.

If you're interested in opinions - then I'd say that yes over the next 5 years the iPhone will change in more ways than just its innards - now how it will change - well that's a different matter ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
I think the form factor will not change much, if at all. But the insides will.

Just like the iPods before, the overall shape hasn't changed, but it's components and capabilities have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I could see it decreasing in size a little, and perhaps the appearance might change a little, but nothing too drastic. Most of the changes will be internal I would imagine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I think the form factor will not change much, if at all. But the insides will.

Just like the iPods before, the overall shape hasn't changed, but it's components and capabilities have.

I could see it decreasing in size a little, and perhaps the appearance might change a little, but nothing too drastic. Most of the changes will be internal I would imagine.

I've seen quite a few sites/blogs that *predict* an iPhone Nano - does anyone think this is a genuine possibility?

Personally I think it sounds a little silly - but then that just my opinion :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
At the moment the iphone is just an ipt with an intergrated phone with not much increase in form factor.

I don't think that they'd be able to add the touch and phone facilities to the nano without a big increase in size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I've seen quite a few sites/blogs that *predict* an iPhone Nano - does anyone think this is a genuine possibility?

Personally I think it sounds a little silly - but then that just my opinion :)
Same here, but I was referring to more slight size decreases, nothing like a nano size, just a little sleeker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 1.83GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD(Tiger/Leopard). + 4Gen 20GB IPOD. 1GEN 2GB NANO
I do not think they will any time soon. One of my friends asked me that but if you look at the ipod it has a major competition. In order to stay competitive they need to constantly update the product. I think you will see minor updates a lot more frequently like the one today. Personally I do not see visually how you can create a better looking phone, but thats just me.
Iphone still needs
3G
GPS(cell triangulation seems very good but still not as accurate)
32Gb of HD space
And 3G is coming. Depending how fast the 3G IPHONE is available, will give you a more accurate type of answer.

Reaction score
no doubt it will change. when is the big mystery. it could be in 6 months or 6 years.

as far as increased capacity and other features, im sure there will be another memory bump just in time for Christmas, but after the 3G version. GPS might be next year he has got to string you folks along for as long as he can.

Just follow the past track record with any product apple makes. Its most certain after you buy one he will release a better version not long after.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Of course it will change! All tech changes over time. As far as size changes, it will eventually get thinner, as everything does, but I think they've hit about the most perfect spot as far as screen size for viewing and still being fairly comfortable to hold on to while talking. That's why I could never bring myself to buy one of those wide smartphones; I just couldn't see myself actually talking on it!

Thinner, cut down on the upper and lower non-screen sections, different colors, and all those wonderful things we can't even imagine yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.