Replace broken MacBook screen?

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
Hey.
I have a MacBook 13.3".

Recently something fell from the shelf on the screen and blew the screen to smithereens.

The computer is still under Apple warranty (I have it only for 3 months) and I wanted to know how much it will cost to replace it??

Thanks a lot :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hey.
I have a MacBook 13.3".

Recently something fell from the shelf on the screen and blew the screen to smithereens.

The computer is still under Apple warranty (I have it only for 3 months)
Your warranty is irrelevant in this case.
how much it will cost to replace it??
At least a few hundred bucks.... I would estimate around $600 to $700, possibly more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
D3v is correct. It will cost you a shiny penny to get it replaced from Apple. There are 3rd party companies that will do replacements but they usually cost 3 - 400 dollars for the procedure. I am (doing one) / have replaced the LCD's myself and they aren't that hard to do at all. I just buy the LCD panel and then swap it out.

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
D3v is correct. It will cost you a shiny penny to get it replaced from Apple. There are 3rd party companies that will do replacements but they usually cost 3 - 400 dollars for the procedure. I am (doing one) / have replaced the LCD's myself and they aren't that hard to do at all. I just buy the LCD panel and then swap it out.

Wow that's a lot of money..

And where can I get that LCD screen myself? is there a tutorial to replace the screen myself?

Thank you a lot :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD
The install is not too painful if you want to attempt it yourself (obviously I'm shunning away business), The best place for the part is going to be eBay. You'll find a couple vendors selling them from $175 - $250. Be prepared to spend a couple hours if this is the first time you are doing something like this, there's some tricky spots on the MacBook.

-Justin
MacService.com

Reaction score
Guys,
I just had my MBP 2.4 GHz LED screen broken.. I will try to fix it myself. Do you know where to buy the correct screen that will fit to my MBP?

Reaction score
Guys,
I just had my MBP 2.4 GHz LED screen broken.. I will try to fix it myself. Do you know where to buy the correct screen that will fit to my MBP?

When looking for a good place to buy screens, don't use "Macbook Pro 15-inch" as a search term. Use your model number and the word LCD. You probably have the A1226 or A1260, so search for "A1226 LCD".

PowerbookMedic.com, ScreenCountry.com, ETechparts.com. Those are the most legit places to get screens. You might be able to get something cheaper on eBay, but then if something is wrong with it or it has stuck pixels, you don't have the ability to return it to an actual retailer, as you would if you bought it from the places above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I would highly recommend contacting iResq. I've sent many people to them over the years and the price is currently discounted for the white Macbook screen replacement service - between $170-200. They'll turn it around in a couple of days. Trust me... I've done the screen replacement in MacBooks. It's worth the $200 to have someone do it for you.

Reaction score
I would highly recommend contacting iResq. I've sent many people to them over the years and the price is currently discounted for the white Macbook screen replacement service - between $170-200. They'll turn it around in a couple of days. Trust me... I've done the screen replacement in MacBooks. It's worth the $200 to have someone do it for you.

I can personally recommend iResq as well as CrackedMacScreen.com. I used iResq to fix a broken iPod Classic (I have huge hands so the repair was way out of my league!). I used CrackedMacScreen.com for a Macbook repair. Like iResq they were great.

A lot of the online shipping places are the same, so just go with the one that you feel comfortable with. I prefer a company where I can talk to a real person throughout the repair, but that's just me!

But yea, it's worth having someone else do the repair for you. :Cool:

Reaction score
iResQ exceptionally fast, fair, friendly service

I have a new Macbook Pro (6 months old). It had a hard plastic case on it and I kept it in a neoprene case. Last month, it feel off the top of my truck AND I ran it over. No joke!! The first amazing thing is that the only thing that broke was the glass on the screen. (The LCD part is fine!!) Amazing work Apple, absolutely amazing. Then the terror began of not being covered under Apple Care and the price of repair. Some shops wanted to fix the entire screen for $600. Instead.... I used iResQ. They are an (online) authorized Apple repair shop. They overnight shipped me a box and prepaid shipping to send my computer off for repair. I mailed my computer of on Monday before 3pm. They replaced the glass screen. I received me repaired computer on Wednesday before 10am. I paid in total less than $250. I highly recommend this company. The service is better than disney world!!

Reaction score
warranty

i'm really freaking out right now because my screen has a couple of little cracks on it and my dad is going to kill me. we have warranty but they don't cover accidents and i was wondering why that was (that's the whole reason my dad got the warranty)

Reaction score
Macbook screen turns white

Hi guys.

Just wondering if somebody can help me out here, have a black macbook 13" about five years old. From time to time the screen will turn completely white and not blank, the only way yo get it to revert back is to put the mac to sleep or simply close the laptop and open it again. This seems to be happening about twice a day now, which has lead me to believe the screen is on the way out.

Really dont want to throw the towel in yet and buy an new mac, plus I really cant afford a new one at the moe. If i buy a new lcd screen.... how much are we talking? Or more to the point, is this problem fixable without the purchase of a new screen, ive already brought into a shop and was told that all connections are working fine but to be honest there really useless in this particular shop and would like a second opinion.

Also i would like to add that when the screen turns white, every single command still works fine, (ive even still djayed with this problem)
for the obvious that you can see the screen and its contents.

Any ideas on what i should do on replacement and cost in euros, im living in Ireland.

Reaction score
Compatibility

So I just cracked the **** out of a mackbook pro (spring 2008 intel) screen.... It is essentially a desktop now.

I have an old macbook pro circa 2003/2002. Is it possible to swap that old screen in?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have an old macbook pro circa 2003/2002. Is it possible to swap that old screen in?

Sorry...there were no MacBook Pro's in the 2002/2003 timeframe (it's either a Powerbook G4 or an iBook of some sort). MacBook Pro's didn't show up on the scene until 2006.

As far as the display swap...highly highly unlikely. There were lots of changes between 2002/2003 & 2008.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
just claim on your insurance, house or otherwise....you probably pay, like most of us, premiums that we never claim against...just claim and get it sorted free of charge..

Reaction score
broken LCD screen replacement?

Hi Guys,

My macbook is Mac OS X version 10.5.8
I have been using my macbook already for almost 3 years and now the LCD is broken from the middle part (the apple icon).
I have two problems: a corner of my laptop screen was twisted because of falling down but it was working perfectly. Now, if I want to replace the LCD how can I replace it with that twisted corner? I have attached a picture of the twisted corner. How complicated it can be? And what you think I should do to replace the broken LCD screen?

All the best,
Faridun

IMAG0349.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.