Can a MacBook play World of Warcraft fine?

Reaction score
my macbook pro ran super fine with lots of addons and highest settings, seemed fine in 40 man raids and 25 man also.....

although save your life dont get this game :) i quit it last year best move i did in a long time :)

chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2
Even if you have 4GB of RAM, your MB will still only have 144MB shared to video, so I wouldn't be on it. Plus, laptops/notebooks weren't made for gaming and especially if your's doesn't have a dedicated graphic card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
A guy in one of my classes plays WoW on his MacBook (don't know specs, it's a white MB)

It seems to run fine, graphic quality is very acceptable, everything is smooth

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro. It has 2 gigs of ram with a 2.4 GHz CPU. It has more than enough horse power to pump all the graphics up to max and run at 60FPS constantly. The lowest end macbook (the $1000) ones might not have enough kick to have all the graphics cranked but they should be adequate to run WoW relatively well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I have a MacBook Pro. It has 2 gigs of ram with a 2.4 GHz CPU. It has more than enough horse power to pump all the graphics up to max and run at 60FPS constantly. The lowest end macbook (the $1000) ones might not have enough kick to have all the graphics cranked but they should be adequate to run WoW relatively well.

the new SR macbooks should be just fine. i used to play it @ 1280X800 on my previous 1.83 CD, with the GMA950.

WoW is rather old, itll look fine. But that fan will go full blast, blah

OP
M
Reaction score
the new SR macbooks should be just fine. i used to play it @ 1280X800 on my previous 1.83 CD, with the GMA950.

WoW is rather old, itll look fine. But that fan will go full blast, blah

Where can I find this SR macbook? I don't see it on the apple website. Can someone link me to it? :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Where can I find this SR macbook? I don't see it on the apple website. Can someone link me to it? :eek:

He's talking abut the Santa Rosa chipsets that are in EVERY MacBook on Apple's site. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
lol he made it sound like it was something special :Smirk:

my original quote was pertaining to the Original QUoter making it sound like WoW was something special :) (gfx req wise)

Reaction score
How can I tell if my Macbook has a the Santa Rosa chipset? I purchased a new black Macbook about 2 weeks ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
No mac has the Santa Rosa chipset. The media likes to call it that though. In order for it to be a Santa Rosa it has to have 3 things. Macs only have 2 of these things.

Now to answer the question you were asking. Every new mac (including yours) has the intel core 2 duo CPU and intel MB chipset. They however lack the Santa Rosa wireless chip required to make it a true Santa Rosa.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
wow will run on just about anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I played wow for about 4 months at the end of last year on my macbook and it runs fine. Its very playable, you wont get amazing looking GFX and your FPS will remain pretty low but at no point is the game unplayable, also you will get about 2.5 hours of playtime if your macbook is unplugged which is really good compared to my last laptop that really struggled when not plugged into the mains!

Reaction score

I was curious what your video settings were at in WoW. I have had trouble figuring out the optimal settings for my macbook pro running an 8600 GT. Can you post those?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.