Please Help - My MB Won't Boot Anymore

Reaction score
... It happened 2 min ago. I was using Safari and then it suddenly began to work very slow and ultimately ended up freezing, with the umbrella cursor moving. Nothing happened for a while so i decided to reboot manually. But now it wont boot. I have bootcamp installed and a partition with Xp and Leopard on the other partition. Ive tried holding the "c" button down, but then a "folder"-logo with a "?" inside it starts to blink. What the **** has happened?? When i boot regularly nothing happenes? Just the sound, and then only gray screen!!

Ive also tried to use "command-S" and repaired. Now i can use the Option button and see both my partitions, but i cant boot either of them. Windows just keeps booting on windows screen. And Mac says that i should restart my computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Try holding the "shift" key during startup. Let's see if you can start up in safe mode.
If that won't work, hold "s" key during startup. It will put the Mac in single-user mode.
At the prompt, type fsck -y It will try to repair the disk.
You may have to run it a few times, then reboot.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thx for the quick reply i am really desperate! Ive tried holding shift. Nothing happens. I tried the "s" single-user-mode and repaired the disk. Now when i boot mac boots, but only 5 secs in, when i get a error message saying i should reboot my system! When i then try "s" again it freezes after telling me which KERNEL version it is!

OP
A
Reaction score
Hmm.. maybe thats it... I think the harddisk is corrupt!! The thing is that i have no leopard install disk since I used my ipod!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try holding "option" during startup. It should find ANY bootable folder on the Mac.
Also, if there is a selection for the Apple Hardware Test, run that as well.
What are the specs for your Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just saw your edit....:eek:

OP
A
Reaction score
I think the only thing to do is getting hold of a Leopard Install disk and try to run a Hardware test from there? If that doesnt work, i think ill have to replace my HDD. Its a macbook white, with 2 gb and 200 gb harddrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.