Fetch and Win-Mac file transfer issues

H

harryjjj

1) First off, Fetch (4.0.2) hasn't worked a darn since I got my new iMac. I can't upload or download 10 files without getting an error (misc. errors) and having to quit and restart Fetch. And I have the same problem using Dreamweaver FTP, which gives me the impression that the problem's with the OS. This happens with a number of Web servers -- so it's not the Web server. Any ideas?

2) When I download a Web site using WSFTP on my Win2k machine, and transfer the Web files to a Zip disk and then move the files to my iMac, the Mac OS changes all or many of the files to ALL-CAPS!!!??? Why???
thanks,
Harry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Hmm... this is news to me, fetch works quite well for me...
Its probly a sily error..

OP
H

harryjjj

Problems solved. I reformatted my Zip -- no file name problems.

It was suggested that I download an FTP app called Transmit. I did -- works great -- I downloaded nearly 100 files without a hitch. Fetch was my workhorse for years, but performed miserably in OSX -- I couldn't download 10 files without an error. Same problem with FTPing with DW MX.

Transmit is awesome -- I will gladly pay the $25 purchase price.
thanks,
Harry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Yes, I liked Transmit when I tried it out. Another really good one is Captain FTP. I almost registered that one, but don't have the spare dough at the moment.

But I use mostly shell to do all my web based stuff. Works really good, and it is pretty fast. Just gotta know what you're doing.

OP
M

meerk

Emrys said:
Yes, I liked Transmit when I tried it out.
Kind of answers the question I came here with.

I've been using Transmit at work for 3-4 years now, and I was wondering what FTP client I should use at home with my OSX set-up.

Think I'll download Transmit tonight.

meerk…

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.