Serious Issue. Mac Pro wont clear the OS X Setup Assistant

Reaction score
I have been using my macbook 2.0 for a few months now. I just got a prompt toinstall updates and pressed "restart and install" I had a hanging program that would not force quit so I decided to force shutdown the notebook. When I restarted the computer, the OS prompted me to re-setup my computer as if it had never been done before. I put in all my info and finished the setup, instead of loading the OS it only goes back to the beginning of the Setup Assistant. I tried the trick of removing the battery and holding the power button for a few seconds but nothing works at all. It just keeps going to the setup assistant.

I tried just closing the Setup Assistant, but to no avail, no programs will load at all. I have a ton of photos that I have not been able to back up yet. I know that the hardrive is still intact because it asks you if you want to transfer your data from a place on your HD, it showed me that I still had the correct space left on the HD.

I am new to the mac and really need your guys help on this one.

THanks for any help you can offer.

OP
snowmanZ
Reaction score
OK, I have found the solution, I am passed the "Panic Phase."

I tried different variations for my search in google, and VICTORY!,

follow me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.