Application has unexpectedly quit. Help

J

justink31

I have an iBook and i've never really had any software problems with it before (hardware is another story). I was using Safari when all of a sudden when I went back to my desktop my dock would not come up and in the middle of my screen and had a black and white circle icon (like the one that comes up during startup). So, I restarted and now when I try to start the following programs Entourage, Safri, Internet Explorer, Netscape. they say "Application has unexpectedly quit....the system is however, taking a long time to start up, last time it took about 10 mins to start. How do I fix this problem without having to reformat the whole thing.

System Information:
iBook
OS X 10.2.8
640MB ram
800 MHz PowerPC G3

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

HERES IN UPDATE:
SITTING HERE HAVING TO USE MY PC AND MY IBOOKS SCREEN SAVER TRIED TO COME ON, BUT WHEN IT DID I NOTICED THAT IT DIDN'T START. WENT TO CHANGE IT AND THE PROGRAM QUITS ON ME TOO.

OP
J

justink31

justink31 said:
I have an iBook and i've never really had any software problems with it before (hardware is another story). I was using Safari when all of a sudden when I went back to my desktop my dock would not come up and in the middle of my screen and had a black and white circle icon (like the one that comes up during startup). So, I restarted and now when I try to start the following programs Entourage, Safri, Internet Explorer, Netscape. they say "Application has unexpectedly quit....the system is however, taking a long time to start up, last time it took about 10 mins to start. How do I fix this problem without having to reformat the whole thing.

System Information:
iBook
OS X 10.2.8
640MB ram
800 MHz PowerPC G3

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

HERES IN UPDATE:
SITTING HERE HAVING TO USE MY PC AND MY IBOOKS SCREEN SAVER TRIED TO COME ON, BUT WHEN IT DID I NOTICED THAT IT DIDN'T START. WENT TO CHANGE IT AND THE PROGRAM QUITS ON ME TOO.

**I hate MAC's and im switching my office 100% over to Windows...atleast their message boards are friendly......**

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Well, I cannot solve your problem, because I'm not qualified to do so.

But I can tell you that, if your iBook wasn't having those problems(which is rare that it is) you wouldn't be switching back....

Before you go make a rather silly decision(going back to Windoze) get the iBook running like its supposed to...Then make a judgement if your staying with us!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.