Flash on iCab Browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3 Grape: 400 MHz PowerPC G3, 320 MB SDRAM (Upgrading to 768 soon), 10GB HD (Bout 1GB free)!
I'm confused on how to install flash. How can I get flash on the iCab browser? I am running Mac OS 9.

Reaction score
unfortunately adobe does not support mac os 9 anymore and it is impossible to get any recent version of flash

Reaction score
Idaho, USA, Out in the Country Northwest of Boise
Your Mac's Specs
Pismo 400MHz bought for $46
Flash 7 is available for iCab

Don't remember just where I got it, but it does work. Most sites though require Flash 8 to work (Flash 9 is the current version). YouTube works with Flash 7, but due to iCab's abysmal speed, not very well in OS 9.

Reaction score
Idaho, USA, Out in the Country Northwest of Boise
Your Mac's Specs
Pismo 400MHz bought for $46
You didn't respond if you got it working but here is where you install Flash 7 for OS 9:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

From here you should be able to download version 7.0.73.0. Just unstuff it (should do it automatically with iCab) and drag it to the 'Internet Plug-ins' folder in your system folder.

Then you'll have the wonderful priveldge of seeing all those beautiful seizure-inducing flashing banner ads!

Though you might consider WAMCom after This Thread .

Hope this helps, let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.