Macally...hurting my iBook?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

About a year ago, the cord on my original charger that came with my iBook started to tear where it was connected to the powerbox, so not really thinking, I bought a macally charger to replace it, since it was 40 dollars cheaper. That was a bad idea, because this thing has never really worked too well-the blue light on the brick part kept blinking off and on when I started using it, making my computer recharge and then stop, and start recharging again in a really quick sequence. Two months after I bought the cord, my battery totally died-and I was wondering if the recharger being faulty like it is (and like that same model seems to be with most people as I read reviews for it now) killed my battery faster than it should have died. I know that batteries die pretty quickly, but i had only had my computer for a year and a half when it happened. I need to buy a new battery, but should I buy a Mac recharger too? Also-is this recharger hurting my computer in anyway at all, being that it blinks off and on (shuts down and turns back on) so much?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.