Film Full screen problem (quicktime)

Reaction score
I have my macbook plugged in to a 19" monitor and im using this as my main screen and macbook screen as an extra.

When im watching a film and i click full screen it swaps over to my small macbook screen and will only go full size on that monitor. is there any way to make it go full screen on the big one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I believe QuickTime sees your built-in screen as default when going full screen mode. A way around this would be to close your MacBook's screen, move the mouse or type a letter on an external keyboard to wake it from sleep, then go full screen in the movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Or you could make your external monitor as the default monitor while watching a movie. Just have to drag the menubar strip in the display properties preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 2GB ram, ATI HD2600 PRO, 320gb HDD
Start quicktime, go to preferences, then select the tab that says full screen, then drag the quicktime icon to whichever screen you want qt to fullscreen to.
Hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.