HELP! with MBP casing

Reaction score
Hi,

I happened to drop my mbp off my bed which ended up doing nothing but denting the aluminum frame right at the optical drive so that a cd doesn't go in or out. i already had a cd in there and i guess the drive got messed up in the process and so it rejects reading the cd, which means it keeps ejecting but bc the cd cant come out, it goes back in and does that over and over again. anyone know how i can temporarily disable the cd drive? and anyone know what the best way to replace the frame is?

thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
sounds like it needs a repair!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Are you still under Warranty?

I'm not sure if this will work, but try to go into System Preferences, and click "CDs & DVDs"

Change all of these to "Ignore".

Picture2-4.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
My friend had this problem with his MBP, after he accidentally dropped a 20 pound barbell on it. We had a CD stuck in the drive at the time, and what we did, and I'm saying do this as a last resort, is take a wider flathead screwdriver and slightly stick it in the drive and twist it just a little bit along the length of the drive. With a little work, we were able to get the CD out, and it works fine again.

Again, not the best idea, but it does work if you're really stuck in a jam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
If you have apple care then try and take it into an apple store and they may repair it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.