Printing for G3 Wallstreet

Reaction score
I really would like to be able to solve this problem. I need a way to get printing ability for my G3 Wallsteet. I have a family member who has a disability in which it is best to be in a part of the house that I can better moniter. I would prefer not be be tied down to my desktop. And be in the lower part of the house.

However I am having trouble getting it to print. I have a HP All-in-one 1315xi. I do have the correct driver for this. It came with the printer CD and is marked as working with my OS. I also have a Maccally USB carbus. The problem I face when I go to print, the document spools correctly then comes up with a dialog box saying

"The printer is not responding... please check to see if printer is on, paper is not jammed or out..printer is connected correctly..etc"

The problem seems to be is that the OS 9 and the printer driver and USB driver are not communicating.

I will say that I am mostly a PC person and have only basic knowledge of Mac but am reasonably able follow clear troubleshooting responses.

Any help I could have to be able to take care of this family member would help very much. The following is some technical info about my system

Powerbook WallStreet G3 192 Mg
OS 9.2.1
Maccally USB Cardbus using last driver version I could find (1.4.1 I think)
Every time I go to install the printer driver program (HP Director) It wants to go and find a missing "USB Driver software" it can find it. I do have and internet connection with this and am able to browse with IE 5.1 and ICab. However the automatic searching can't find it. When I install it manually via a link to the Maccally driver the OS can't seem let the HP install program know that the USB card has been installed.

I know that the Powerbook G3 goes back a number of years and is vintage hardware. But it is all I have, and will be able to have for a while. I hope someone has knowledge of ancient history and perhaps help me

The printer prints fine with my PC machines.

Thank you
Mont

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.