Can I play Xbox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Does anyone know of a way to use my MacBook Pro as a screen for an Xbox?

I know it's a long stretch, but my TV is really crappy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ MacBook Black 2GB's RAM 200GB Hard Drive
I have read a ton of threads in the xbox forums about people wanting to do the same thing you are asking for and the answer is always "no you can't".

If your TV sucks and you don't to drop the cash for an HDTV you should really look into a nice computer LCD monitor to game on. You can get a really nice 20" or 22" widescreen monitor for around $300 to game on. I actually had my Xbox 360 running on my Viewsonic 22" LCD and I have to say it was impressive. Considering that the monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050, your getting an HD picture and if your sitting close to it (like as you would at your computer desk) it looks great and really encapsulates your field of view.

OP
Weird Fish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Oh, well that sucks.

Thanks for letting me know though RampHog.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
You COULD try buying the EyeTV Hybrid with the video-in dongle that is bundled with it. El Gato advertises this video stick as 'no-lag', which is what's needed for video gaming, but there's a huge difference between true 'no-lag' video and a 500ms delay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.