Tiger on SR Macbook (NOT Pro) - don't bother folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just installed Tiger on a second partition of my Santa Rosa Macbook. Screen is over bright, WIFI and sound didn't work, nor did a lot of 3D stuff CI/QE. Fonts didn't render properly etc etc... need I go on. Leopard is here to stay, so let's all just sit and wait for 10.5.2 update, like the humble consumers we are.

===DON'T EVEN BOTHER TRYING FOLKS; THIS WAS A WASTE OF TIME!!===

(But fun!)

===AND NO, I WILL *NOT* TELL YOU HOW TO DO IT, OKAY!===

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
So I guess your 1 of 15,000,000 that have this problem. Just reinstall no need to complain that much. Everyone i know and myself have never had this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might have disturbed, the installation process.

OP
M
Reaction score
You might have disturbed, the installation process.

Dude, I hardly think so. It is a new model with new hardware, simple as. Do you actually understand what I am talking about here - did you READ the O.P.?. The new MB SR is a new beast with new chipsets, so what I am saying, is that Tiger DOES NOT HAVE THE DRIVERS ETC. Do you understand, now?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh I am sorry I thought that, meant something about the drivers and the applications were not working properly cause one of my friends just got one and he doesn't have those problems. Nevermind.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but wait how the heck did you get Tiger on the new macbook. There was never a Intel CD copy. It only came preinstalled on the Macbook (November 07 and back)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
but wait how the heck did you get Tiger on the new macbook. There was never a Intel CD copy. It only came preinstalled on the Macbook (November 07 and back)
Older Macbooks obviously shipped with Tiger(Intel) restore DVDs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Older Macbooks obviously shipped with Tiger(Intel) restore DVDs...

I you can't use those there tied to the systems serial. The only one you can use but not llegally more than once are the in store upgrades like Leopard DVD. There was never an Intel upgrade version of Tiger because was preinstalled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
Dude, I hardly think so. It is a new model with new hardware, simple as. Do you actually understand what I am talking about here - did you READ the O.P.?. The new MB SR is a new beast with new chipsets, so what I am saying, is that Tiger DOES NOT HAVE THE DRIVERS ETC. Do you understand, now?.

well that was awful nice of you.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/05/macbook-pros-updated-santa-rosa-led-backlighting-and-1920x120/

read me this article and tell me both the release dates of the MBP SR platform and then the release date of the Leopard OS.

Leopard came AFTER the SR update, meaning that tiger had to have SOME way of being compatible for the months in which Leopard was not available.

yes, i realize i quoted the MBP, however the architectures of the portables are similar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I you can't use those there tied to the systems serial. The only one you can use but not llegally more than once are the in store upgrades like Leopard DVD. There was never an Intel upgrade version of Tiger because was preinstalled.
Rubbish.

If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to use the original install DVDs after you replaced the system's logic board (which also contains your serial number).
A huge number of Core Duo Macbooks had new logic boards put in them due to various issues (both in our household did) and you didn't receive new DVDs with the new board, never mind the fact that Apple would have to burn individual DVDs for each system.

OP
M
Reaction score
well that was awful nice of you.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/05/macbook-pros-updated-santa-rosa-led-backlighting-and-1920x120/

read me this article and tell me both the release dates of the MBP SR platform and then the release date of the Leopard OS.

Leopard came AFTER the SR update, meaning that tiger had to have SOME way of being compatible for the months in which Leopard was not available.

yes, i realize i quoted the MBP, however the architectures of the portables are similar.

Being "similar" in some ways, but also COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in other ways; IE - the X3100 graphics chipset. You can't just refer to a whole range of differing machines/models as "similar". If you read the O.P. I *specifically* stated NOT Pro. Two models of car may be similar, but contain COMPLETELY different engines.

No offence - I just wanted to make this point clear.

Rubbish.

If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to use the original install DVDs after you replaced the system's logic board (which also contains your serial number).
A huge number of Core Duo Macbooks had new logic boards put in them due to various issues (both in our household did) and you didn't receive new DVDs with the new board, never mind the fact that Apple would have to burn individual DVDs for each system.

Exactly, and do people think that Apple are going to press INDIVIDUAL DVDs for each separate machine to come off the production line, carrying different ID data for individual serials??. Madness. The more I come to forums, the more I realise just HOW illogical/naive some people's minds are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet, since all you do is come in here and flame us and insist that you're right and we're completely incorrect.

OP
M
Reaction score
i'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet, since all you do is come in here and flame us and insist that you're right and we're completely incorrect.

I'm not flaming, I am simply pointing your mind toward the logical conclusions I have reached. Sorry if I have upset anyone - this is not my intention.

M

MacHeadCase

I fail to see the usefulness or the point of this thread. It is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.