Leopard/Spotlight

Reaction score
I recently updated my operating system using Leopard. It installed fine, no blue window of death. I enter password and it goes to the desktop. Now i get the icons along the dock but nothing shows up on the desktop. the spotlight bar doesnt appear. after about 20 mins the time, battery life etc show up on the top right corner but with no bar behind it. no icon appears for spotlight either. after about another 20 mins a message comes up saying spotlight quit unexpectedly. its a continuous cycle. is there anything i can do to fix this? i cant open any applications at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
When you updated, how was it done? (upgrade, erase and install, etc..)
I Would recommend the erase and install option. If that isn't feasible, at least the archive and install option.
There have been numerous problems with just upgrading.

OP
R
Reaction score
i upgraded, now i wonder why i did that instead of archive install. im in australia traveling so dont have access to back up my files. im sure i read there maybe something saved on my old system that affects the new leopards update but i dont know how to find that certain file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As suggested rob use the erase and install. An external HDD for backups is sure the go with Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.