QuicktimePlugin.class issue

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to these forums.

Please, I need informed help!

I have approximately 45 Locked QuicktimePlugin.class files in my Trash which were downloaded whilst 'hidden' in internet explorer folders on my old imac.

I must have transferred them from my old imac whilst transferring data to my newish Powermac.

Now I badly want to delete the QuicktimePlugin.class files, but I don't know what else to try?

It is no easy task-several attempts have failed to unlock the old internet explorer Quicktimeplugin.class files.(Highlighting the file- clicking 'Get info'- click to remove the tick on the 'Locked' box- delete file)

This procedure in brackets above results in making my screen go suddenly blank, then restore itself minus the previously opened window! It's strange!
But still...I am left with all the undeleted QuicktimePlugin files still in the trash.
I simply don't know what to do-some much more well-informed Mac user might know how to solve it, please?
Thank you very much

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you are trying to empty the trash, then press and hold the option key, then select empty trash from the drop down menu. That should do a forced empty of the trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.