Help formatting Windows XP

Reaction score
Hey there.

I have Windows XP installed on my Mac OS X Tiger via a partition created by BootCamp. I've recently gotten a virus on my Windows HD and plan to completely format or reinstall Windows XP on that partition... However, with the Bootcamp Utility now expired, I can't access the application to do so.

So... Is there any way I can delete the partition completely, OR reinstall Windows XP?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
What do you mean that Bootcamp is "expired"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You can delete the partition by using Disk Utility (an OS X utility). Just select your hard drive, select the Windows partition, and delete it.

As for reinstalling Windows... since BC is expired, you can't use it to reinstall. Instead of deleting the partition as above, you may be able to reinstall Windows by simply rebooting with the Windows install CD... IF you still have your Boot Camp drivers CD that you made last time. If so, just tell the Windows installer to format your partition and start over. That should take care of the virus issue. Naturally... back up important files on your Windows partition before formatting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What do you mean that Bootcamp is "expired"?

He's running Tiger. Boot Camp for Tiger is (was) a beta program. It expired with the release of Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.