Problems waking from sleep

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've encountered a strange problem in the last couple weeks.
hopefully its just a settings thing so that its easily solvable but here it is.

Basically, most (>75%) of the time when I open my laptop from sleep mode i can hear the hard drive doing its thing, so I know the computer is awake, but for some reason no image shows up on the screen. the image will eventually come up, but I have to wait over 1 min usually, sometimes like 2-3 mins.

Furthermore, when the screen does come on the track pad acts erratically. Usually if i wait another minute everything settles down and its good to go, but sometimes i just find its easier to just force a restart with the power button.

any idea??
btw im running leopard, hopefully not everyones suggestions is go to Tiger :p

OP
P
Reaction score
dont mean to hijack the whole forum with threads that I created or replied to but removing istat appears to have solved the problem.
I have gone into sleep mode like 4 times since I removed it and so far it wakes up everytime.
this is fantastic!!
I know this is a fairly common problem, so if its happening to you and you have istat installed just remove it and see if it helps.
sorry if everyone knows this already

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.