Problems with PhotoBooth and iSight camera

Reaction score
Well guys i hope i had post this in the right place since this is my 1st post ever.

Before anything else, My name is Michael and i´m from Portugal ;) and this is the first days on my Macbook 2.2 with leopard. Also excuse some grammar mistakes :'(

well,

1st i got a problem with my isight camera and photo booth because i supose that isight camera should not always be on ? i´m i right ? because my isight camera is always on even if i close all programs that could be using it she is still on.

2nd when i open my photo booth (with the camera on -> green UP) the images keeps black, i try to take some pictures and stuff to see if anything changes... but nop... always the same black. The "flash" seems to work but the image doesn´t came up.

Thanks for the time and hope you can help me out ;)

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi Nuno and welcome to Mac Forums!

I am a little confused - the MacBook doesn't have a flash, so I am assuming you are just saying that it does appear to take the picture?

What kind of lighting do you have where you are taking the pictures? The iSight is not particularly good in low light. Try it in a well lit room and see if that fixes things. Also, you might wish to try out iGlasses, a third party preference panel for the iSight. Get iGlasses at:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses

This lets you adjust things like the sensitivity, the contrast and so on. With iGlasses, I find I can use my iSight quite well in low lighting. Hopefully by changing some of the settings you may be able to get good pictures.

So, try taking pictures in a well lit room, and try adjusting the iSight via iGlasses if you need to take pictures in low lighting.

Good luck, and again, WELCOME!

OP
N
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the welcome message mac57.

well the problem still.

the integrated iSight doesn't work any more. All I get is a black picture (with iChat) or green picture (with Photo Booth). No error message saying the iSight is already in use. The green light on the right of the camera lights when expected. but still no picture, also some of the effects are missing in the list.

I had already tried everything that i could found online, like cleaning chaches, made sure about millions of colors on the displays and a lot of other stuff.

but nothing new...

OP
N
Reaction score
well, that´s me again with the same topic. lol

I had fixed my problem with isight, seems that the automatic updates for 10.5 worked out and solve my problem.

Once again tks for the suport when i need it.

cheers m8s.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Hi Nuno and welcome to Mac Forums!

I am a little confused - the MacBook doesn't have a flash, so I am assuming you are just saying that it does appear to take the picture?

The screen turns pure bright white for a second. Works sorta like a flash. Cheesy :)

OP
N
Reaction score
yeah i noticed it. i use the word "flash" to try to explain what happened ;D

well, i´m still newbie in english and in MAC xD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.