Mac Pro keeps waking from sleep and starting up from shut down spontaneously

Reaction score
hi

for the last couple of months i have been unable to put my Mac Pro to sleep properly as typically within about an hour it wakes from sleep spontaneously. Even weirder is that it also starts up spontaneously from shut down (providing the mains power to the Mac Pro is left on - cos that would be REALLY freaky!).

Can anyone suggest a way for me to diagnose what the problem might be? And given that the Mac Pro starts up spontaneously from shut down, does this narrow down the possibilities of what might be going on/wrong?

thanks

nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Mac Pro spontaneously waking from sleep and shutdown

hi

for the last couple of months i have been unable to put my Mac Pro to sleep properly as typically within about an hour it wakes from sleep spontaneously. Even weirder is that it also starts up spontaneously from shut down (providing the mains power to the Mac Pro is left on - cos that would be REALLY freaky!).

Can anyone suggest a way for me to diagnose what the problem might be? And given that the Mac Pro starts up spontaneously from shut down, does this narrow down the possibilities of what might be going on/wrong?

thanks

nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.