Ram Upgrading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Al iMac * 2.0GHz Intel
Hi,

Just a general RAM upgrade query, Currently I have 1GB of ram, I use photoshop and other programs like that, but would like to increase the ram as they don't run quite as fast as I'd like.

Basically, How many RAM slots does the iMac hold?? (The aluminium version)
Secondly, to upgrade to 4GB of RAM, do I need to take out the stock 1gb ram "stick" or do I need to add 3 more 1GB "sticks"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
The iMac holds 2 RAM slots and to upgrade to 4GB, you should purchase 2 additional sticks of 2gb RAM to make it 2x2.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Al iMac * 2.0GHz Intel
Anyone know of good websites for RAM upgrades, with low prices?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
Josh, I just bought the 4GB memory kit (OWC53IM2DDR4GBK) from OWC Macsales. Here is the link to the kit I bought:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/53IM2DDR4GBK/

There are others like Crucial and Kingston, but they are a bit more expensive. I am sure there are others that are just as inexpensive, but OWC has been dealing in MAC hardware and accessories for a long time and have a great reputation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
memorytogo.com is a good spot. just ordered a 512 stick from there for $45, and its working fine.

Reaction score
I'm new here too. I just bought a 4gig Kingston kit from Fry's for $79.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.