Anyone use Little Snitch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2.2Ghz / 1gb / 120gb / Leopard
Hi guys,

Just got myself the Little Snitch app and was wondering how exactly do you use it?

I've played around with it for a bit, but just unsure if it's working correctly. I added some apps that i want blocked from making contact with the internet by clicking the +sign choosing the app and selecting deny communications. Is there anything else i should be doing?

Many thanks,

Zak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Just leave it running

When a new app connects (lets say real player isn't configured yet) LS will give you the option of allowing that app to connect once, always to that port or always on any connection. Just select the level of connect you wish for that app

OP
Zak.Blair
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2.2Ghz / 1gb / 120gb / Leopard
Thanks for that, kind of got the hang of it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
I've heard that there are some apps that have the ability to go around LS's "firewall" without you knowing it. Perhaps newer versions are better at stopping this sort of activity. I read somewhere that Adobe products can go around LS using some other route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.