Start up question

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm a newbie to macs, just bought my first macbook the other day.
I have an issue that I don't know if it is normal or not
At start up, right after the grey apple logo screen and the spinning wheel, I get a blank blue screen for about 10 seconds and after that my desktop as normal
I have read things about blue screens but I don't know if this is the same case.
Is it normal to get this blue screen even though is only for 10 seconds?
On the first day I got my macbook, I updated it and I installed Flip4mac, windows media player, Transmission, stuffit and Firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep. It's normal.

OP
G
Reaction score
ok thanks.. i wasn't sure about the blue screen , I was also expecting to see the OS version there at start up but it doesn't show up

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, guacamole.

Yeah that's the normal startup screen. You'll see something like Mac OS X starting up or something. Doesn't last long so I don't remember the actual words on the splash screen. :)

OP
G
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome macheadcase;)

I don't get any Mac OS X starting up at all, when I turn it on, it goes to the grey screen with apple logo and spinning wheel, to the blue screen and then to desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Sounds normal for Leopard. My understanding is that the "Mac OS X" startup message was a feature with Tiger and other previous OS. Leopard just goes from the grey screen to a light blue and then on to your desktop. Fast and efficient.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.