Unlocked iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
ok, so i have been seeing on Ebay unlocked iphones and i want to get one but i have a few questions/concerns before i do

1. Would it be easier for me to buy the phone from an apple store and unlock it myself? How would i do that?

2. I have at&t right now, with the unlocked iphone with stealthsim, after i insert my simcard with it, i assume my minutes and text will remain at what they are, but will i be charged for getting on safari and maps and such?

3. apparently you have to cut the sim card. a) is this hard to do b) will it work in my old phone again, incase i have to put it back in

4. if i get this and do all of this, is 1.1.3 safe to upgrade too without it re locking the phone?

i think thats about all of my concerns atm. any help would be greatly appreciated ^^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
unlocking the iphone is a violation of the eula and therefore cant be discussed in this forum.

OP
.jb

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its been discussed in countless other threads, im just asking a few simple questions that i couldnt find in the other threads

violating the eula isnt breaking the law.

whats the big deal? nobody is nice enough to just help out ..?

plus only my first question was directed to actually unlocking it, the rest are about an already unlocked iphone and how they work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think unlocking, specifically, is against the law. I've seen references to court decisions where prosecutions of phone unlocking has been turned down. Plus there is a huge market of businesses who openly offer unlocking services.

I can't give you any specifics of unlocking, but from what I've heard it's quite easy and not worth paying some premium, but there's always risk. I suggest www.howardforums.com for any and all mobile phone related questions.

OP
.jb

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you for your help fleurya, i appreciate it :)

anyone else maybe have info they wish to divulge in this case?? :3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
All I know is some features won't work.
IMO, not really worth it...

OP
.jb

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Voicemail wouldn't work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The reason it can't be discussed isn't because it's illegal, it's because talking about things that violate the EULA is against forum rule #4. I would suggest you look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.