Networking...

A

adiliegro

I just got my G5 iMac set up and am trying to get it to see the PC on my network (small office, this G5 and one PC)...I cant figure it out at all! It was easy with the PC's...just run network setup on both machines and its done. What do I need to do with this iMac to get it to see the other computer on the network? It is plugged into a router with ethernet..

Any suggestions?

OP
A

adiliegro

OK, I got my Mac to see the Windows computer named XXXXX, It sees it and then I double click it and it asks me for a username and password. It isnt secured by a UN or PW as far as I know. I can see everything just fine with my windows laptop looking at the windows desktop, and it doesnt ask for any username and password...but when I try to see it with the Mac, it does. What gives here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It always asks for a username and password. Just put in the username that automatically logs in for the windows machine and click OK that should do it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.