Car Stereo Suggestions

J

John T

I'm probably getting a new vehicle next week, so I figure I can go the extra mile and get a new car stereo to go in it. Since I bought an iPod a month ago, I figure getting a stereo I can plug the iPod into makes sense.

Could someone suggest a stereo that works well with the iPod? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ide suggest gettin a tape deck.. then you can get the tape adapter and listen to it for cheap. Or go the extra mile and geta sweet converter (if they exist)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Get something with a line input on the front plate. Or something with an AUX that you can hook RCA jacks up to in the back. I have a stock GM stereo, and I got something that converts the CD changer interface into and AUX interface, and it works perfect.

What kind of car are you getting?

OP
J

John T

Probably a 2003 Saturn VUE.

I'm probably going to get a stereo with a direct line in. I just didn't know if there's one or two that are much better options than the rest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Well now you are talking brand preference. Personally I like SONY products, but I wasn't happy with the last SONY deck I had. Pioneer is supposed to be pretty reliable, and their tuners for radio are supposed to be pretty strong. I haven't been into the stereo scene too much lately, but I think they are probably all the same as far as features, unless of course you're looking for store MP3's on an internal HD in your deck :)

I would stick with the majors and you should be fine. Majors being SONY, Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like Pioneer.. then sony, then kenwood...

OP
J

John T

No real brand preference. I couldn't even tell you what brand I have in my car right now, that's how much it doesn't matter to me.

I was at Best Buy today and I couldn't believe how elaborate some of the stereos are now. That said, I don't need a really fancy one. Just something I can plug the iPod into with little muss and fuss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah have you seen the camelean? its a pretty sweet one, my friends got one, its pretty cool and safe from intruders.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I like kenwood, then Sony, but that is me. You might want to look at crutchfields web site for some comparison.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.